At Master’s in Accounting Degrees, we aim to be the ultimate resource for students intrigued by the notion of earning a graduate-level degree in accounting. That is why we provide all the information you need about what a master’s degree in accounting is and what it can mean for your future. Browse our editor’s rankings for bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in accounting, finance and business. Discover the degree programs that they consider the best and the ones they believe offer the best value as the most affordable. Learn more about schools that offer online accounting degree programs, or find a degree program close to your home with our listings of degree programs by state. We make it easy for you to find the facts you need to choose the right degree program for your needs.
Planning for your future? We are ready to help there too. Use our resources and features to stay apprised of the happenings in the accounting world. Learn about the fields of accounting and finance and the jobs available in them. Explore the various professional certifications that exist, what they can mean for your career, and how the organizations behind these certifications can be useful as you build your career. We even have information on how to build a better relationship with your clients and how to expand your professional opportunities. We want to help you build an accounting career to be proud of!
Some accounting career facts to consider:
- Well over 1,200,000 people worked as auditors and accountants in 2012. Their median wage was $63,500.
- On average, certified management accountants earned almost $140,000 in 2012.
- If the experts’ prediction that accounting will enjoy a job growth rate of 13 percent is accurate, the field will add some 165,000 new jobs in the decade between 2012 and 2022.
- Accounting is among the top three bachelor degrees most desired by employers. Applicants with master’s degrees in the area can expect to be offered even more opportunities.
- The American Institute of CPAs has a membership of nearly 40,000 professionals from all around the world.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ global membership includes some 170,000 professionals.